This is a promise I made to myself at Alt Summit to write a monthly summary or ’round up’. These are some of my favorite posts to read on other blogs so why not give it a try? My round up will feature one of our Sunday Snacks. I don’t cook much, but I am an expert pantry scavenger-huntress, and can make a snack out of anything.
This month’s snack: toast with tomato jam, Quadrello di Bufala Raw Milk Cheese from Eataly, spinach, sea salt from Brittany, France and cracked black pepper.
– House of Brinsons is on Instagram! Follow us to see what we’re up to.
– I’m excited to take a writing class by author Chris Wells. I’ve had the pleasure of hearing Chris read some of his stories and he is a gifted story teller, so i am excited to improve me writing skills.
– I’ve finally reached my Pinterest addiction height (is there a support group for this?). I reorganized ALL my boards this month so they make sense when I pin, and people who follow me can only follow what they are interested in. I’ll be seeking professional help.
– We are more than proud of our dear friend Nikole for giving birth to a beautiful baby boy, Koa. He arrived during the snow storm at the beginning of the month, and we knew we had to track up above 80th street to meet him. Congrats to Nikole and Jamie, there is lots of diaper changing happening. I had a zen diaper moment with Nikole in January before Koa arrived. I was at Alt and saw these diapers from The Honest Company, tweeted Nikole a picture and she tweeted me back a picture of the supply she had already purchased. Great minds…
– We’re teaching an Alt Channel class later this month. It’s all about photography and copyright. If your a blogger (a.k.a online publisher) please come to this class! It’s for those who use others photography and those who create their own photography. We are gonna discuss all the must-answer questions.
– We had the pleasure of meeting Dave Cooper in person (twitter friends). Dave is married to the talented Jennifer Cooper over at Classic Play and they have the cutest kids. I sent Dave home with some jam, apple butter and pickled beets. Let’s see what they whip up!
– Coming up later this month: my go-to recipe for a one bowl chocolate cake and citrus jam
– I’m participating in the Bloggers Tag Sale on One Kings Lane in mid-March. I’m selling lots of vintage wares and we are selling one of our prints for the first time.